We are supported and represented by firearms industry professionals who own or operate a business directly related to firearms, and the 2A community. It is our mission to educate and advocate for our 2A rights and to protect and preserve our rights, and the industry at large. Manufacturers, distributors, retail sellers, ranges, accessories producers, professional services, and the firearm owning community are being directly targeted for extinction of our industry and our rights. We are fighting for our livelihood. The WSFC main facebook page, that is open to the public, and reaches up to 1.4m people daily. We are the largest team in our State. Join us. Invite anyone you know who wants to preserve their rights to join us also.
THE ANTI-GUN MOVEMENT WANTS TO PUT THE FIREARMS INDUSTRY OUT OF BUSINESS IN WASHINGTON STATE.
There is an increasing drum beat in Washington State from the anti-gun movement to tax, legislate additional liability, and generally create more red tape in the name of ‘safety’. These new laws at the state and local level will infringe upon citizens who rely on these life saving safety devices and those making their living in the manufacture, distribution, and sale of firearms and related equipment and services. Tens of thousands of jobs are at risk. Billions of dollars in revenue, sales, and business and economic development will be lost if we don’t intervene and unite to stand up for our rights.
THE ANTI-GUN MOVEMENT IS GAINING MOMENTUM IN WASHINGTON STATE
The leadership of this movement often fuel the fire with emotion and misinformation, and lack the pragmatic and practical considerations of administering or abiding by any new law. Armed with the support of billionaires from Washington State, special interest groups, big industry, and private donation, the anti-gun movement is gaining momentum at an alarming rate. Our only hope is to combine our efforts and our resources to become a stronger team than our opposition.
WHY THE FIREARMS INDUSTRY NEEDS ITS OWN PLACE AT THE TABLE IN OUR STATE
We need a lobbyist to represent us. Most of the community cannot attend the hearings at the Capitol. We lack the time, opportunity, and continuing education it would require to be ultimately effective and stay abreast of the constant barrage of anti-firearm legislation. Washington State Firearms Coalition has been fortunate enough to procure the top 2A lobbyist in Washington State. A necessary percentage of donations will go directly to him in order to have proper and effective representation in our fight for our rights in the Capitol and with the legislators.
Frequently, those of us who make a living through the manufacture, distribution, and sale of firearms share common values of safe use and storage of firearms, keeping guns out of the hands of children, felons, and those convicted of other specific violent crimes. However, the methods put forward for addressing these concerns overreach, miss the mark, or are riddled with unintended consequences. Furthermore, the firearms industry is best equipped to assess and educate elected officials on the economic impacts of proposed new laws or taxes that relate to firearms. For these and many more reasons the Washington State Firearms Coalition, a 501(c)(4) nonprofit Corporation was
The WASHINGTON STATE FIREARMS COALITION (WSFC) is the brainchild of its Chair, Melissa Denny. Melissa is a licensed FFL and owner of Pistol Annie’s Jewelry and Pawn in Bonney Lake Washington. After seeing the damage new laws and regulations are doing to her business, and after getting involved in the State and Local legislative fights brought by anti-gun advocates, Melissa saw firsthand the need to be represented as state and local governments continue to infringe upon the firearms industry with new laws and taxes.
Melissa lead the way in the creation of the WSFC, a 501(c)(4) corporation in
Washington State. WSFC’s mission is to advocate for the Washington Firearms Industry in legislative, local government, and public initiative processes in order to protect the industry’s ability to conduct business. WSFC membership includes those involved in manufacturing and distribution of firearms, ammunition, other related firearms supplies, and the individuals committed to keeping their rights intact. It also includes those providing firearms services, like gunsmiths and ranges.
WHAT WILL WSFC DO FOR ME IF I JOIN?
- WSFC services include:
- Membership Education – Frequently the members of the firearms industry are unaware of the new regulatory and taxing efforts of state and local government as well as the anti-gun community. WSFC will monitor these activities and keep you informed.
- GrassRoots Organizing – When necessary, WSFC provides calls to action including requests for support, contact information and talking points on key issues facing the industry. WSFC also hosts industry representatives for lobbying day in Olympia.
- State and Local Lobbying – the WSFC provides state and local government lobbying services to ensure the firearms industry is represented in decision-making that impacts our industry.
- Professional Press and Public Relations – WSFC will provide a common voice for the industry, an activity that is often problematic for individual companies to provide without becoming the target of anti-gun advocates. In this way WSFC will act as an official buffer between the media and our industry owners and leaders to mitigate any possible blow-back or negative impacts. Through public relations efforts, WSFC will also be able to debunk false government reports and statistics, false assumptions, and bias narratives.
- Campaign Involvement – Campaign involvement is often the best way to influence public processes. As a 501(c)(4) WSFC can engage in election campaign activities. The WSFC will provide report cards on elected officials, endorsements, and through a PAC, campaign contributions.